Thomas Peterffy:Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Emigrated to the U.S. from Hungary in 1965.
- Became a member of the American Stock Exchange in 1977 as an individual floor trader after working for 10 years as a computer programmer.
- Pioneer in the advancement of options markets and electronic trading. Influential in the formation and structuring of the Boston Options Exchange (BOX) and the International Securities Exchange (ISE).
Milan Galik:Chief Executive Officer, President and Director
- Joined Timber Hill in 1990 as a software developer.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Boston Options Exchange.
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Technical University of Budapest.
Earl H. Nemser:Vice Chairman and Director
- Independent Consultant to the law firm Dechert LLP.
- Specializes in commercial counseling and litigation with an emphasis on securities and commodities law.
- J.D., magna cum laude, from Boston University School of Law.
- B.A. in Economics from New York University.
Paul J. Brody:Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer, Secretary and Director
- Spent five years as an Asst. VP and Credit Manager for Mocatta Metals Corp. prior to joining Timber Hill in 1987.
- Responsible for internal admin., finance, accounting, clearing, and banking relationships.
- Oversees certain aspects of new product development.
- B.A. in Economics, Cornell University 1982.
Thomas A. Frank:Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer
- Joined Timber Hill in 1985.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the Company's trading, processing, and communications systems. Presently, he concentrates on development of brokerage systems.
- Ph.D. in Physics from MIT 1985.
Lawrence E. Harris:Director
- Professor of Finance and Business Economics, and director of the Center of Investment Studies at the University of Southern California, where he holds the Fred V. Keenan Chair in Finance at the Marshall School of Business.
- Serves as a director of the Clipper Fund and as the research coordinator of the Institute for Quantitative Research in Finance.
- From 2002 – 2004, served as the Chief Economist of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Ph.D. in Economics, University of Chicago 1982.
- Co-founder and former President & CEO of International Securities Exchange
(ISE), the first all-electronic options exchange in the U.S. He is named as
inventor or co-inventor on six patents relating to its proprietary trading system
- Member of Board of Directors of The Options Clearing Corporation, 2000 –
- Member of Executive Board of Eurex, 2008 – 2016.
- Member of Board of Directors of Direct Edge Holdings, 2008 – 2014.
- Managing Director of NYSE Options, 1986 – 1997.
- Co-founder of the Options Industry Council.
- M.S. with Distinction in Statistics and Operations Research, from New York
- After brief stints in the White House and the Department of Agriculture, Mr. Damgard spent time with a Wall Street commodity merchant firm before being recruited to be the President of the Futures Industry Association, a position he held for 30 years. Since his retirement in 2013 from FIA he has focused on family interests in agriculture and banking in Illinois and currently resides in Palm Beach, Florida.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Echinus Partners, an investment partnership with $1 billion under management
- Associate at SPO Partners, 2010 - 2012
- Investment Analyst at Sloane Robinson, 2008 - 2009
- B.A. in Economics and East Asian Studies, Yale University